Pregnancy is a time of natural growth and development culminating in the birth of a baby and the creation of family. Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum Counseling enables women to move through pregnancy and birthing with greater confidence and deeper awareness of body and self.
Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum Counseling
* is a short-term counseling ( one to four sessions ) designed to integrate body and mind in preparation for childbirth or to work through issues emerging from your birth experience. This counseling can help...
This work may be of special interest to...
- Deepen prenatal bonding
- Explore and clarify your vision of birth
- Resolve and heal past pregnancy and birth losses
- Identify your own style for coping with pain
- Work with your birth partner on issues of support
- Overcome fears and reduce stresses
- Identify your inner resources and strengths for birth and parenting
- Women with a history of pregnancy loss or a difficult birth experience
- Women who feel that their history of abuse may have an impact on their birth experience
- Pregnant women with a history of preterm labor or premature birth
- Women working toward a vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC)
- Women experiencing fears and anxieties relating to pregnancy, birth or motherhood
- Women enjoying a normal pregnancy who wish to deepen their connection to the birth experience
For more information or to schedule an appointment please call (718) 789-1981
* This work is based on the research and teachings of Gayle Peterson, Ph.D., whose books ( Birthing Normally, Pregnancy As Healing and An Easier Childbirth) have won her international acclaim as an authority and pioneer in prenatal psychology and holistic childbirth education.